Re: [Tails-dev] CSS fixes

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: intrigeri
À: The Tails public development discussion list
Sujet: Re: [Tails-dev] CSS fixes
Hi,

u:
> intrigeri:
>> u:
>> commit d2d5d8d76449eab066bb1e992724d13b0b24496f seems to add a black
>> border-bottom to the links to translations, while the commit message
>> says "Make other languages stick to the correct place", so perhaps
>> that was not intended?

> Uh, "it *seems* to add a black border-bottom" or it does add a border?

Sorry for being unclear: "seems" only applied to my analysis of the
root cause :)

I do see a border, both in Chromium 60.0.3112.78-1 and Firefox
52.3.0esr-2.

> I don't see that border

Weird. So either your website build system / process is buggy, or mine
is. Unless that's because we run different versions of ikiwiki. I have
the one from sid.

> and git show
> d2d5d8d76449eab066bb1e992724d13b0b24496f shows indeed that I removed a
> border, but there is no border which this div inherits, and thus, this
> line is not necessary.

Firefox developer tools tell me that the black border comes from
ikiwiki's style.css, that reads:

.pageheader #otherlanguages {
        border-bottom: 1px solid #000;
}

That was last changed on 2009-08-15 so I doubt the "we run different
versions of ikiwiki" hypothesis can explain the discrepancy.

> Care to send me a screenshot?

Sure, attached.

>> I see a few indentation (e.g. tabs vs. spaces) inconsistencies
>> introduced by this branch.

> I'll convert all tabs to four spaces. Done.

Thanks! Now I see a new kind of inconsistencies though: 4-spaces vs.
8-spaces indentation, sometimes in the same block.

>>> I would appreciate if this
>>> could be merged before starting the donation campaign, that is.. quite
>>> soonish :)
>>
>> I've built the website and noticed no obvious problem, so once these
>> issues have been fixed I'm happy to merge, unless you think it's more
>> reasonable to let sajolida review first. Now, something more specific
>> than "quite soonish" would help me prioritize my work :)

> Soonish was supposed to mean that I'd like to merge this into my
> donation banner branch, which will also have to be reviewed at some
> point early in October latest delay.

> So the earlier the better, without stress though.

OK, sounds doable!

I'm not commenting on each individual fix you did as a follow-up to my
initial review, but they all look good to me :)