Re: [Tails-dev] Support meek in Tails

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Support meek in Tails
Hi,

u:
> iry:
>> I am curious about why meek is not available in Tails. My guess is
>> Tails prefers running meek as a standalone application, which is not
>> the case so far? https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=76400
>> 7

> We'd like to have meek in Tails, and we even have a ticket about it, see
> https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/8243
> However, as you might read there, it needs to be available in Debian
> first, which it currently is not.

Indeed, this would be a way to solve the problem, but it's unclear if
it's the best way: we never reached any such decisive conclusion
during the "keeping up with pluggable transports by using TBB's Tor
and tor-launcher" discussion, time has passed and context has changed.

I did some more research on this topic today (#8243) that might help
reaching a conclusion at some point; but I'd rather not debate the
topic at all unless someone volunteers to implement whatever we'll
decide (technical decisions, especially when they are about strategy,
tend to quickly become obsolete, so better take them when we need :)