Re: [Tails-ux] Wireframes for DAVE 2

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Uzair Farooq
À: anonym
CC: Tails user experience & user interface design
Sujet: Re: [Tails-ux] Wireframes for DAVE 2
Hey sajolida and anonym,

> My question is what kind of trigger we can use to change this content: is

there a way from inside the page to know when the download of the ISO image
started or when it has finished?

> Otherwise do you think that piggybacking on detecting a click on the download

button is the best we can do?

I think there's no reliable way to detect if download has started. Most
sites use click on the download button as a signal and that's why they
mostly show the message 'Click here if your download has not started'.

>  - The display name of the add-on, maybe from
>    "Tails Download and Verify" to "Verify Tails Download" or something like

that.

No extra effort would be required to rename.

> - The URL in AMO, currently
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tails-download-and-verify/

. But if that's not trivial we shouldn't bother :)

Not sure if Firefox would automatically change the url if we submit the
renamed addon. The best way to find it is to either contact their support
or do an experiment.

> For people without JavaScript I wanted you to confirm that even with Web

Extension and in Chrome they would still be able to use the add-on. To keep
the same mechanism that we're using now: if there is no JS, then we show
people a button to directly download the XPI and they can still use it.

Confirmed in chrome, even if javascript is disabled, extensions can still
use javascript. So extensions should be fine even if javascript is disabled.

> Uzair: It would be super helpful if you could create yourself an account

on Redmine so we can assign some tickets to you.

I signed up with username uzairfarooq.

> In terms of budget, adding little bits of work here and there, we might

ask Uzair to do more work than planned initially so I just wanted to make
it clear that we're open to extending the budget that you gave us to cover
more work as we go asking for more. We'd rather pay a bit more and get more
work done than stick with what we agreed upon and feel limited.

Thanks for mentioning. Minor changes are fine, I'll let you know if the
work exceeds our initial budget.