Re: [Tails-ux] Report on Piwik prototype

Author: sajolida
To: Tails user experience & user interface design
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] Report on Piwik prototype
jaster@???:
>> On 2017-09-06 06:48, sajolida wrote:
>>> jaster@???:
>>> One problem with IPs now is that the EU privacy rules seem to require
>>> not identifying users to websites without their opting in for that.
>>
>> I guess you are referring here to the EU Directive 2002/58/EC Article 5,
>> aka. the "Cookie Law":
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Privacy_and_Electronic_Communications_Directive_2002#Cookies
>
> I think this GDPR might be newer and sharper than the cookie law, but I
> am not sure. It goes into effect next May:
>
> https://www.pensar.co.uk/blog/prepare-your-business-for-the-gdpr GDPR
> Some links here and an overview.

After a bit a browsing, my limited understanding is that the big change
with the upcoming GDPR is that it is much more strict about what is a
valid consent but for example I haven't read anything about changes in
when content must be asked and what are the legal exemptions.

http://www.eudataprotectionlaw.com/gdpr-compliance-means-re-visiting-cookie-consent/
(from a commercial website).