Re: [Tails-dev] Substitute Tor-launcher with Anon-Connection…

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: intrigeri
À: The Tails public development discussion list
Sujet: Re: [Tails-dev] Substitute Tor-launcher with Anon-Connection-Wizard in Tails?
anonym:
> (from what I saw so far I think some people will be sad over it
> using Qt instead of GTK)

As long as:

* it's Qt5 (let's please stop adding apps that only work with the
obsolete Qt4; we already ship Qt5 and the corresponding Python
binding for OnionShare and Audacity anyway);

* it integrates nicely in a GNOME desktop (e.g. in terms of HIG ⇒
consistent UI & UX).

… I personally won't complain.

What's the design for giving Anon-Connection-Wizard (and thus the
desktop user) limited privileges on Tor? In other words, is it
designed with OnionGrater in mind, and with a threat model in which
the user who runs the GUI is not trusted? (I'm mainly asking because
of the upcoming switch to Wayland and our strong desire to support
a11y technologies, various input methods, etc., that all require
running such a Tor config app as the desktop user.)