Re: [Tails-ux] Input needed: Tails Greeter: initial keyboard…

Author: sajolida
To: Thomas, Tails user experience & user interface design
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] Input needed: Tails Greeter: initial keyboard focus (#12509)
Thomas:
> Sajolida ...    apologies it took so long to respond.
>     I am a supporter of things that reduce power imbalances in this world.
> I see that most of our problems come from people who do not have, or
> understand, empathy ...

I can definitely relate to that!

> TAILS being a
> good one of these tools, tho I am entertained that TAILS got it's start
> from the U.S. of A. military, and now seems to be in an active race with
> some branches of the U.S. of A. =)

[...]

It is true that Tor started within the United States Naval Research
Laboratory but it's not the case for Tails and I think it's wrong to say
that "Tails got it's start from the U.S. of A. military". Actually, the
only US government money that Tails only received was through OTF in
2015-2016, while the first version of Tails was published in 2009.

> (Life is full of interesting paradoxes like this)
>    I have almost zero skills in code writing, but I do have a wide
> ranging education and love what you do...   Tho I have sent a few
> whisper-back suggestions, I'm here mostly from curiosity and appreciation.

Ok, cool!