Re: [Tails-project] news

Author: intrigeri
Subject: Re: [Tails-project] news
Hi,

[if you read the list, let me know and I'll stop sending you
duplicate email.]

Incognito:
> I decided to open a channel that relays the official news of Tails from
> official sources (Twitter) on the Diaspora channel.

> Preview: https://joindiaspora.com/u/tailslive

> I do this as a contribution and support for the Tails project.

I think this can be useful; maybe only a little bit, but still :)

Thanks for doing it!

> I hope that my approach will appreciate the whole community, I take this
> opportunity to ask for your approval.

I appreciate that you flagged this explicitly as "unofficial": many
thanks for avoiding misleading your audience!

I think it should remain as-is ("unofficial") as long as this account
is controlled by a third-party instead of some relevant Tails team: we
simply can't let someone we barely just met speak in the name of
the project. I hope this doesn't sound too harsh.

(The obvious candidate for taking control of this account would be our
press team, but given its current shape, it's clearly not a good time
to add anything to their plate; and anyway, to be honest I doubt the
cost/benefit ratio is worth it right now, with e.g. 5 likes /
2 reshares for the 3.0 announce on Diaspora vs. 545 likes / 536
retweets on Twitter; if the Twitter → Diaspora relay was fully
automated, things would surely look different, but you told me
elsewhere that it'll all done by hand).

I don't know if this answers your request for approval. If you meant
"can I remove the 'unofficial' part of the account title", then as
said above my answer would be "no". But perhaps you meant
something else?