Re: [Tails-dev] Shortcut to Start Orca

Author: Patrick ZAJDA
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Shortcut to Start Orca
Hi Intrigeri,

Le 06/07/2017 à 10:26, intrigeri a écrit :
> I've just tried and it worked for me: 5-10 seconds after pressing this
> keyboard shortcut, I hear "screen reader on". So I wonder what's
> happening on your side. It might be a problem with the sound card
> drivers, or with the mixer volume, or the known bug that sometimes
> prevents GNOME Shell from starting in the Greeter.

The sound card issue made me looking in PulseAudio side.
In fact PulseAudio made me some jock in the host machine only for
virtualbox which was mutted...

Sorry for this false alarm, still new to Linux... And different volume
for each application is still a new concept for me :)

> Note that even once Orca will have started, a few remaining issues
> could be either painful or blocking:
>
>  * Greeter accessibility settings are not forwarded to the GNOME
>    session (https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/12384) so one has to
>    enable Orca again once logged in.

Fortunately, Alt+Super+S works well so we can use Orca without too much
difficulties in this case.

>  * Not everything is read by Orca in the Greeter, due to widgets not
>    being tagged properly (https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/11664).

With all these informations I'll be able to test more thoroughly.

Cheers,

Patrick