Re: [Tails-dev] [internal]1st week post-release help desk re…

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-bugs
CC: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] [internal]1st week post-release help desk report
Hi,

first of all, thanks *a lot* for this report!

tails-bugs@???:
> a lot of users were affected by
> https://tails.boum.org/news/version_3.0/#known-issues

Yeah, sorry about that :/ I've sent a fix to the RM (bertagaz), who
hopefully will release it soon so that at least Debian and Ubuntu
users get it ASAP.

> we've got a few reports of users having trouble with nividia (mostly
> geforce 970) workarounded by adding nouveau.modeset=0 (likely #11831,
> but they didn't seem affected with tails 2.*)

OK. Can you please take over #12438 then? The workarounds have been
known for a month, it would be nice to see them properly documented.
If you have trouble with our style guide etc., stick to the basics:
reuse existing similar text, and I'll polish a bit myself
before merging.

> 2 users affected by https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/12543 were asked
> to provide the info needed

Thanks, I see one person already provided some info. I'll look into
it shortly, we'll see if that's enough.

> a few users having trouble with dual monitors (#12730)

Indeed. Replied ⇒ back on goupille's plate.

> 2 users reported that virtualbox shared folders does not work anymore #12724

OK. It's on goupille's plate for now, I'm waiting for more info.

> and several users reported that installing by cloning "didn't worked"
> (the window shut down and tails is not installed), apparently on devices
> made with UUI. I lack information so I'll try to reproduce before
> opening a ticket

OK.