[Hackmeeting] Rojava Technology

Author: Police Terror
To: Hackmeeting
Subject: [Hackmeeting] Rojava Technology
Hello friends,

My name is Amir Taaki, and I was in Rojava for a year and a half. When I
came back to England, I was under house arrest for a year.

I just found out about your event, and I am rushing to make plans to
arrive on Wednesday.

If you have space for my talk, I want this talk:

Title:
Call for a Revolutionary Hacker Movement to fight Capitalist Modernity

Presentation:

Ideas play a fundamental role in collective consciousness and more
generally in human history. History is the result of human will and
action, but always within the framework of convictions, beliefs and
representations which provide meaning and direction.

Classical forms of domination and political power are growing impotent.
Modernity has led to an explosion of knowledge which spreads with little
regard to consequence. Closed entities have given way to interconnected
networks with fuzzy reference points.

This swamp threatens humanity on a metaphysical level, a sinister
hegemony constantly reshaping itself. This giant megamachine warps
humanity in service of its own growth disconnected from any sense of
divine values or higher purpose.

Technology is one of the main drivers of the civilizational process. As
hackers we have the ability and opportunity to seize power. But that
will only happen through an organized coherent political movement with a
well developed analysis of capitalist modernity. It will not happen
through random spontaneous acts of creative tinkering. To save humanity
from death, we need a movement that creates new philosophy, and works
hard towards our shared utopia.

It's time that we restate our goals, and organize a new coherent
movement that dedicates itself towards furthering this vision.

Amir Taaki, Rojava Economics Committee