Re: [Tails-testers] 3.0~rc1

Author: intrigeri
To: Charles Martin, Tails list for early testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] 3.0~rc1
Hi Charles,

Charles Martin:
> This release, unlike earlier 3.0 versions, will now start on my Alienware desktop
> running an NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 board.

Excellent, great news :)

> However, it will only boot in Troubleshooting mode

Some other users have reported that they can now boot Tails 3.0~rc1,
with recent NVIDIA graphics adapters, in "normal" (not
"Troubleshooting") mode, if they add this to the list of boot options:

nouveau.modeset=0

Can you please try that and report back?

> I’ve also tried 3.0~rc1 on a reasonably new Lenovo Thinkpad using
> a standard onboard graphics chip. It boots and runs without issue.

:)

> Incidentally, my TrueCrypt software will not run in 3.x, on either
> machine. Is that because it is 32 bit?

I have no clue about TrueCrypt, sorry. The (rather painful, but
functional) TrueCrypt support in Tails is documented there:

https://tails.boum.org/doc/encryption_and_privacy/truecrypt/

… and a we speak, we're trying hard to get funding to add graphical
support and integration for TrueCrypt disks in GNOME.