Re: [Tails-testers] xorg-driver=intel fails to start

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: intrigeri
À: Tails list for early testers
Sujet: Re: [Tails-testers] xorg-driver=intel fails to start
Hi,

sneksnek@???:
>> Just to clarify: this is _without_ passing xorg-driver=intel, right?

> Correct.

OK, thanks.

>>http://get.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/weekly-live-builds/amd64/iso-hybrid/debian-live-testing-amd64-gnome+nonfree.iso

> No problems there.

Good news! Hopefully we'll get the fix for free in 3.0~rc1 then.

If it doesn't, please report back and I'll give you further
debugging instructions.

> You should stop gimping tails and just use what the
> debian developers are using.
> Tails basic driver support has become
> progressively worse each version.

Yes, we're trying to stick to Debian as closely as we can. Now, we
*sometimes* need to pull newer drivers from newer Debian releases, in
order to support new hardware. This of course adds a risk of breaking
support for previously supported hardware. It's not easy for us to
draw the line, which is why we publish beta and RC versions, so that
we have a chance to learn about such regressions. Now, in order to get
this feedback we do have to take this risk and release beta and RC
versions, so it's no big surprise that the beta version you tested has
a bug…

> You cant keep trying to cut down on
> libraries just to force people to have to buy new computers.

I'm having a hard time reading this in a constructive manner,
so I'm not going to reply.