Re: [Tails-testers] Tails 3.0-beta4 feedback

Author: intrigeri
To: Tails list for early testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] Tails 3.0-beta4 feedback
Hi,

Pavel Chuchkalov:
> 1) On a kaby lake m3-7y30 tablet (cube mix plus, teclast X5), bluetooth is not
> working (3 year old debian 8.2 on 3.16.xxx kernel picks up bluetooth easily) - lsmod
> shows hid0 and lot of related kernel modules that I dont understand; in the UI the
> Bluetooth slide button gets into the activated state but I can not list / pair with
> my bluetooth mouse and keyboard (settings -> bluetooth panel is always empty,
> re-opening again shows the bluetooth is turned off)

Indeed, as said on
https://tails.boum.org/doc/advanced_topics/wireless_devices/,
"BlueTooth is enabled by default but Tails lacks the GNOME utilities
to actually use it".

The current plan to fix that is:
https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/10801

Help is welcome :)

> 2) on restart with persistent storage unlocked, settings do not seem
>    to be activated from previous reboot (keyBoard rate stays slow
>    and second monitor is not mirrored)

Indeed, Tails is amnesic and only persists selected bits.

> 3) please include having /proc/config in the kernel so that I could dump it and rebuild the same kernel on the other machine :)

We ship Debian kernels, whose configuration is public :)

> 4) thank you for 4.9 kernel !! iwl-xxxx.22 finally enables wifi on
>    kaby lake; […]
> 5) 3.0-beta4 seems to boot faster than 3.0-beta3, thank you!!

Great news!

https://tails.boum.org/contribute/build/ should be enough, no?