Re: [Tails-dev] QEmu guest agent in tails builder

Author: Arnaud
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] QEmu guest agent in tails builder

On 04/29/2017 07:39 PM, intrigeri wrote:
> I'm a bit confused: our infrastructure uses libvirt/KVM, and "virsh
> shutdown" works nicely. Back in the pre-systemd days, we had to
> install acpid in the VMs to enable this functionality, and now
> systemd-logind handles it by default in the KVM guests.
>
> So I wonder: what's special about our Vagrant build VM, that prevents
> this feature from working without qemu-guest-agent?

In the Vagrant build VM, there is no `systemd-logind` installed. As for
`acpid`, it's installed, but it's not running.

    $ sudo systemctl status acpid
    . acpid.service - ACPI event daemon
      Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/acpid.service; disabled)
      Active: inactive (dead)

Notice the 'disabled' here.

So I enabled and started acpid.

    $ sudo systemctl enable acpid
    $ sudo systemctl status acpid

Now the VM responds to `virsh shutdown` !

Do you guys think it's something that was forgotten in the base box ?
Should it be added to the provision script (yep it's a bit ugly), or we
just keep on living without it ?

Cheers !

Arnaud.