Re: [Tails-testers] xorg-driver=intel fails to start

Author: Blallo
To: Tails list for early testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] xorg-driver=intel fails to start
On 4 May 2017 21:22:09 CEST, sneksnek@??? wrote:
>> Just to clarify: this is _without_ passing xorg-driver=intel, right?
>
>Correct.
>
>>http://get.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/weekly-live-builds/amd64/iso-hybrid/debian-live-testing-amd64-gnome+nonfree.iso
>
>No problems there. You should stop gimping tails and just use what the
>debian developers are using. Tails basic driver support has become
>progressively worse each version. You cant keep trying to cut down on
>libraries just to force people to have to buy new computers.

I would avoid such shallow accuses:

1. This is a beta testing process, it is quite normal to experience such kind of problems
2. This is a major version switch
3. This kind of problems are indeed related to the process of adaptation of tails to the Debian mainline
4. Moreover, I think its quite unreasonable to charge tails developers of pushing people to buy new computers

Greetings