Re: [Tails-dev] French news index screwed up

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] French news index screwed up
u:
> the news index in french is completely screwed up :
> https://tails.boum.org/news/index.fr.html

> Seems to work in other languages though. What's the problem here?

We're feeding the ikiwiki PO plugin with things (combination of
inlines, mixed source filetypes, and translatable + non-translatable
pages, refreshing some PO files locally and letting our production
website refresh some others) that it doesn't support well:

https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6907

We've been aware of this for years, but I don't think there's any plan
to address either the root cause of the problem in ikiwiki, nor to
acknowledge these limitations and stop using buggy combinations of
features; so for the time being we'll have to live with how
things are.

Sometimes forcing a refresh of the page (e.g. by fixing some minor
issue in one of the inlined pages) is enough to fix the problem.
I've just done that, and it worked.
But https://tails.boum.org/index.fr.html is still buggy :/