[Tails-dev] Feature #5929 create persistent volume by defau…

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: forgottenbeast
À: tails-dev
Sujet: [Tails-dev] Feature #5929 create persistent volume by default
Hello,
So I have a few questions about that feature, mainly

1)Where are we on that front (any news besides what's published here ->
https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/5929)

2) Any documentation on the topic besides what's at the address above?

One the front of an implementation that wouldn't take ages filling the
volume and encrypting it during installation I might have an idea and I
would like to know about it's validity before attempting anything. Here
it goes:

I have done some work on code based encryption (specifically the use of
the syndrome decoding problem).

1)How hard would it be to add another layer on top of the currently used
encrypted volume so files are furthermore encoded using an error
correcting code? (turbo codes seem good candidates)

This way we would be able to write some random data here and there in
the persistent volume (random locations) at every boot without taking
much risks regarding the integrity of existing persistent data. Either
there IS a persistent volume and the encoding could deal with it or
there isn't and then who cares?

Whenever a real persistent volume is mounted we'd run a quick health
check on each file and repair them wherever their integrity has been
compromised.

So, what do you think about it?