[Tails-testers] Can't automatically upgrade Tails

Author: Whitey
To: Tails list for early testers
Subject: [Tails-testers] Can't automatically upgrade Tails
Today I received the following message upon launching Tails 3.0~beta3:

----------
You should do a manual upgrade to Tails 3.0~beta4.

For more information about this new version, go to
https://tails.boum.org/news/test_3.0-beta4/

It is not possible to automatically upgrade your device to this new
version: Tails was started from a DVD or a read-only device.

To learn how to do a manual upgrade, go to
https://tails.boum.org/doc/first_steps/upgrade/#manual
---------

I am running tails on a USB 3.0 USB stick with a mounted persistent
volume which I was able to automatically upgrade to beta3 from beta2.
The call for testing states "To upgrade, an automatic upgrade is
available from 3.0~beta2 and 3.0~beta3 to 3.0~beta4." That does not
appear to be the case for me. Suggestions would be appreciated.

Whitey