[Tails-dev] Experimenting with Tails, preferred workflow ?

Author: Arnaud
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: [Tails-dev] Experimenting with Tails, preferred workflow ?
Dear Tails,

just pondering and wondering on the preferred way (if any) to experiment
and modify the Tails OS. I'd be happy to have Tails running in a VM and
WRITABLE, so that I can really play with it. This is really for
experimenting purpose.

Right now, I'm trying to run Tails in a VM in this particular fashion:
- booting the kernel over tftp
unsquashfs beforehand)

By doing that, I'm just recycling the workflow I used when I was working
on embedded Linux. But I'm wondering if there's a better workflow,
something maybe obvious that I missed, due to my lack of experience with
live cds.

Cheers !