Re: [Tails-project] Adopting the social contract Re: Request…

Author: sajolida
Subject: Re: [Tails-project] Adopting the social contract Re: Request for comments: Tails social contract
u:
> how should adopting and publishing this contract work?

I suggest:

1. Identifying a group of people who should come to a consensus
regarding the document. You've done this already I think.
2. Set a deadline for this group of people to comment on the document.
3. After the deadline, solve the concerns that might still be pending.
If the changes were important enough, do another round from step 2,
otherwise we should consider the document read for publication.
4. Move it somewhere else on the website and blog about it. I'm happy
to review proposals on where to put it on the website.

> I think it's up to the core team to decide if they want to adopt this
> contract, so I'll issue a request on the internal list about it. Any
> other ideas or objections to this procedure?

By "core team" you mean tails@???. I'm fine with that even though
some people who wrote the contract are not there. But it seems like a
good place to take binding decisions like this without having to
over-engineer the list of people who can or cannot be part of that
consensus.

Still we should keep in mind to include these people in the discussions
that might arise if people on tails@??? want to do important
changes to the document.