Re: [Tails-testers] Call for testing: new donation page

Author: sajolida
To: Tails list for early testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] Call for testing: new donation page
u:
>> sycamore one:
>> some feedback from actual donors (before the campaign ends):

Thanks for the feedback!

>> For a
>> bank transfer (like to Zwiebelfreunde e.V.) people are usually given
>> a "Purpose of transfer" or "Verwendungszweck". It is not obvious
>> that the purpose of the transfer is encoded into the IBAN so people
>> are confused and probably reluctant to just transfer the money.

So you are proposing to add, for example ("Purpose of transfer: Donation
to Tails") to the section "Bank Transfer"?

> For larger donations it would also be interesting to get information
> about the possibility of a tax refund (because Zwiebelfreunde is
> registered as a not-for-profit in Germany). I think the old donation
> pages mentioned that one needs to contact Zwiebelfreunde for this.

We have this for the PayPal donation to Riseup ("All donations are
tax-deductible to the full extent permitted by law.") and initially had
this for Zwiebelfreunde as well (before we removed the "Euro"/"Dollar"
switch and this information disappeared since then.

> created https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/12155

Cool! Could we maybe have a less generic name (I bet there will be other
improvements to this page in the future). And I didn't volunteer to work
on this. It could as well be postponed to the person handling the
donation campaign next year (and I will try very hard to find someone
else to do it).