Re: [Tails-project] [Tails-dev] New time for Tails contribut…

Author: nodens
To: tails-project
Subject: Re: [Tails-project] [Tails-dev] New time for Tails contributors meetings? [Was: Tails contributors meeting: Friday March 03]
Le 03/03/2017 à 16:38, anonym a écrit :
> [I'm cross-posting to all these lists since that's where the meeting reminders go, but whoever responds to this can perhaps drop all but tails-project@ so we focus the discussion on one list.]
>
> sajolida:
>> The next Tails contributors meeting is scheduled for:
>>
>>     Friday 03 March

> At least for me, Fri-Sun are essentially out of the question (in an attempt to create some work-life balance, but also due to frequently planning AFK activities at those times since that's what works with for people I spend time with at those times). Hence, this reason alone means I won't attend 3/7 or these meetings. I suspect some others of us are in a similar situation.
>
> I'd like us to pick a time for the meeting that is strictly off weekends. Of course, if weekends are *better* for most contributors that frequent our meetings, then we perhaps shouldn't.
>
> In the CI team we just decided to have our monthly meetings every first Thursday every month; this guarantees that it will be off-weekend, and won't interfere with planned releases (Sun-Tue). Would something like that work for the contributors meeting? We could perhaps consider:
>
> * every first Wednesday
> * every second Thursday
> * every first Thursday (and we move our CI team meeting to the second Thursday)
>
> I am not sure how important it is to have in the beginning of the month (e.g. vs reports) so I'd like your input on this.
>
> (For the CI team meeting we also decided to have the meeting earlier, 16:00 CE(S)T, which I'd also like, but I fully understand that this doesn't work for most people, so I won't even raise it as a suggestion here. Unless I'm way off and most of us actually would prefer this (?).)
>
> Thoughts and feelings?

One of the nice things about being on a date, is that it actually
switches day of the week: one might be part of other projects and that
way you have less chances of having a scheduling conflict.

On the other hand, I'd be for excluding Friday-Sunday as well (actually,
in my case Sunday evening is usually fine). Maybe we could keep the the
"day of the month" schedule but making sure the meeting is postponed a
bit if that happens to be on a week-end ?

Just my 2 cents, and I'm not very good at being available for those
meetings anyway so I'll just try to adapt to whatever ;)

nodens