[Lista Criptica] Sandstorm empresa mor, però continua el pro…

Author: Elkon Fad
To: list_criptica@inventati.org
Subject: [Lista Criptica] Sandstorm empresa mor, però continua el projecte
https://sandstorm.io/news/2017-02-06-sandstorm-returning-to-community-roots

"As an open source project, Sandstorm has been successful: We have a
thriving community of contributors, many developers building and
packaging apps, and thousands of self-hosted servers running in the
wild. This will continue."

"However, our business has not succeeded. To date, almost no one has
purchased Sandstorm for Work, despite hundreds of trials and lots of
interest expressed. Only a tiny fraction of Sandstorm Oasis users choose
to pay for the service – enough to cover costs, but not much more."

"Unfortunately, Sandstorm the business has now run out of money, and we
have been unable to raise more."

"We have pushed a release which removes the Sandstorm for Work paywall.
Sandstorm for Work features (like LDAP/SAML integration) are now
available to all self-hosted Sandstorm servers at no cost. The product
name “Sandstorm for Work” has been retired; there is now only Sandstorm.
(Your server should already have received the update."

"We have open sourced Blackrock
<https://github.com/sandstorm-io/blackrock>, an alternate back-end for
Sandstorm which is able to scale out across a cluster of machines. We
have long used this technology to power Sandstorm Oasis, but had
hesitated to release it for fear that it would harm our business model.
We no longer have a business model to protect, so the code can now be
set free."

"No changes are expected to Sandstorm Oasis <https://oasis.sandstorm.io>
nor Sandcats.io
<https://docs.sandstorm.io/en/latest/administering/sandcats/>. Both
services will continue to operate going forward."