[Tails-dev] Set coin selection to "privacy" by default in El…

Autor: Michael English
Para: tails-dev
Asunto: [Tails-dev] Set coin selection to "privacy" by default in Electrum
Hi,

I recommend the following change in the file ~/.electrum/config

{
     "coin_chooser": "Privacy",
     "proxy": "socks5:localhost:9050"
}

"Attempts to better preserve user privacy. First, if any coin is spent
from a user address, all coins are. Compared to spending from other
addresses to make up an amount, this reduces information leakage about
sender holdings. It also helps to reduce blockchain UTXO (unspent
transaction outputs) bloat, and reduce future privacy loss that would
come from reusing that address' remaining UTXOs. Second, it penalizes
change that is quite different to the sent amount. Third, it penalizes
change that is too big."

Routing transaction relay through Tor is only part of the solution. The
blockchain is a public ledger that can be analyzed anytime after the
initial transaction broadcast. Private coin selection impedes
correlation of transaction inputs and outputs that could link back to an
identity. Tails should set the coin selection to privacy in Electrum by
default to protect Tails users.

Please Cc me with any replies. I am not subscribed to the list.

Cheers,
Michael English