Re: [Tails-dev] TAILS 2.9.1 to TAILS 2.10 rc?

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] TAILS 2.9.1 to TAILS 2.10 rc?
TARIQ ADAMS:
> I visited tails.boum.org and noticed that in the call for testing, the RC
> version number is 2.10. The first thought was that it was a typo for (3.10) and
> others would surely have mentioned it somewhere in the git repository.

Note that "RC" == "Release candidate". So 2.10~rc1 is the first release
candidate for Tails 2.10, a release you would have seen planned on our
calendar for months: https://tails.boum.org/contribute/calendar/

The 3.x series is being worked on in parallel with the 2.x series,
simply because the goals for 3.0 are huge, and wouldn't be possible to
achieve during a normal release cycle.

> Is this a fork of 2.9.1 with improvements?

2.10 will be a new version of Tails, building on Tails 2.9.1. And yes,
it will have improvements, most of which are present in the release
candidate. Have a look at the list of changes here:
https://tails.boum.org/news/test_2.10-rc1/

Cheers!