Re: [Tails-ux] Running programs from the files manager [Was:…

Author: Susan
To: tails-ux
CC: Collin Sullivan
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] Running programs from the files manager [Was: Request for JavaFX on Tails 3.0]
I agree that requiring an explicit action is better than allowing a habitual action (double click) to do something potentially unexpected or dangerous.

Cautions:

. For some users, right-click menu actions are too difficult to discover, especially if they change with the context.

. For others it might be unavailable because of their hardware.

. It is easy to accidentally execute a wrong menu option, so some prevention there (Run this file as a program?) might be better than just executing.

. The wording of the command should be tested for comprehension.

Susan