Re: [Tails-testers] testing tails 3.0 alpha1

Author: intrigeri
To: Tails list for early testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] testing tails 3.0 alpha1
anonym:
> eraram@???:
>> I was also thinking to upgrade a key with an already fully parametred and
>> well used persitance partition. It will allow me to make more advanced
>> test quicker, but you may say me that's stupidy and far too risky. What do
>> you think?

> This is useful testing. We want the transition from Tails 2.x to 3.0 to
> be smooth -- that includes migration of persistence features.

Right. However, we provide no security support for 3.0 alpha releases;
e.g. alpha1 includes a version of Tor Browser that has known
security issues. I want to change this starting with 3.0~beta1, that
will have security updates, but won't be supported by our help desk ⇒
the right place to report issues will still be this mailing list.