Re: [Tails-l10n] Temporary Transifex resource for new Tails …

Autor: sajolida
Para: Dragana Kaurin, Tails localization discussion
CC: Alan
Asunto: Re: [Tails-l10n] Temporary Transifex resource for new Tails Greeter
Dragana Kaurin:
> Thanks Colin for getting the strings set up!
>
> Just this part was a bit confusing, sajolida:
>
> The user-visible strings are ready and we would like to make the PO file
>> available on Transifex to have it translated when we release it. But we
>> also want to keep the current PO file for the current version. Yes, both
>> version are too different to combine both PO files.
>>

> Are we keeping one PO file private on Transifex?

I don't know what private PO file are but I think that both PO files
(the one for the current version and the one for the future version)
should be visible and public on Transifex.

> Or do you want us to lock translations on the current one?

We really don't know when the new version will be released in Tails. At
the earliest it will be in Tails 3.0 based on Debian Stretch, so that
could be in 2016Q2 or later. So I'm not sure what to do. The strings on
the current version won't change anymore but maybe people want to add
new languages and these would still be helpful for several months at least.

Dragana, what would you recommend in such cases?