Re: [Tails-l10n] Donations page: french translation

Author: sajolida
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] Donations page: french translation
Chre:
> Le 15/10/2016 à 01:21, Sebastien Duthil a écrit :
> Following message:
> "Tous les dons sont déductibles des impôts dans les limites prévues par
> la loi."
>
> I think it is not true in France. May be add something like "par la loi,
> uniquement aux États-Unis".

I thought about that but in the end I'm more convinced by having
something short and simply: people who might benefit from
tax-deductiblity should know whether this applies to them and we
shouldn't tell them more than "hey, maybe RiseupLabs is tax-deducible
for you, check with your law" which is what this sentence says.

> Few improvments from
> https://tails.boum.org/news/why_we_need_donations/index.fr.html
>
> "Tails est distribué librement." => "Tails est distribué librement *et*
> gratuitement."
>
> "nos outils soient sûres"=> "nos outils soient sûrs"
>
> "ont énormément de leur financement provenant" => "ont une grande partie
> de leur financement provenant"

I'll let the French translators follow-up on this.