Re: [Tails-l10n] (review) [de] wiki/src/home.de.po

Author: flapflap
To: tails-l10n
New-Topics: Re: [Tails-l10n] (pull) [de] wiki/src/home.de.po
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] (review) [de] wiki/src/home.de.po
Hi,

apparently I missed some review requests and maybe also other emails
(don't know how many, but looks like several days). Since I don't have
the original email to reply to, this breaks threading now. Sorry :(

Since the emails seem to be delayed by the list, I'm also CC'ing spriver
directly.

https://mailman.boum.org/pipermail/tails-l10n/2016-October/004192.html

spriver:
> Hi,
> regarding the donation campaign I translated the new homepage of the Tor
> Browser in Tails.
> Please review:
>
> https://gitlab.com/spriver/tails.git
> branch: de_home
> HEAD commit: 0e914e1 Initial translation
>
> Affected files:
> wiki/src/home.de.po
>
> Cheers!
> spriver

Again a review of again spriver's work. I changed some sentences/words
and the title ("Lieber Benutzer von Tails" -> "Liebe Tails-Nutzerin,
lieber Tails-Nutzer"), which is much longer but sounds nicer to me.
Generally (i.e., indefinitive article), I also prefer use of "Benutzer"
instead of other (more artificial and seldom used) constructs like
"Benutzender", in this case however, a definite article is used and a
person is directly addressed.
The construct proposed here sounds more common to me, such as "Liebe
Bürgerinnen und Bürger" ("Dear citizens"). Other shorter forms are also
not so nice (IMO) as title/opening, such as "Liebe/r Tails-Nutzer/in".

If you have a flash of genius ("Geistesblitz"), please share :)

Please review:
https://gitlab.com/flapflap/tails.git
branch: de_home
HEAD commit: 55360d20 - minor rephrasing

Cheers,
~flapflap