[Occupyresearch] 5 years later... time to officially bury Oc…

Author: pablo rey
To: List of the shared space for distributed research occupyresearch, occupyresearch-data@googlegroups.com
Subject: [Occupyresearch] 5 years later... time to officially bury OccupyResearch
Dear occupy researchers,

The 5th anniversary of OWS is gone, and soon will be 5 years since the first
OccupyResearch conference call
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EhkM-A_o9TgrPpcxrmD9FJwTqMKWzKt4xT9xZ7czYWs/edit?hl=en_US>
(Oct. 29th, 2011). How about solemnly closing this project? On Oct 10th
2016 the domain is expiring. Let's bury it.

For the past 4 years occupyresearch.net website hasn't been updated. Two or
three years ago the server expired and we had to restore the backup in a
new place. Images and important files were lost, but thanks to the
waybackmachine at archive.org we could rescue them. Recently we restored
the original Wordpress theme, repaired broken videos and the re-uploaded
the wiki pages that were under password at occupyresearch.wikispaces.com

You can now browse all the original content at occupyresearch.net, but in a
few days we'll be transforming the dynamic website to a static one (thanks
wget!) and archive it in the website cemetery at cementerio.montera34.com/oc
cupyresearch.net [not yet available] (thanks to Montera34 cemetery
<http://montera34.com/en/project/website-cemetery/>!). A nice way to
continue having access to files and forget about maintenance and paying the
domain. Clones are welcome.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Do you want to throw some last words in the funeral? ideas? answer to this
email and/or post them in the blog for posterity. If you don't know how to
access the blog, ask me!

Occupyresearch is dead! Occupy is dead!

Long live the 99 percent!
best,