Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge] Remove useless alt in docum…

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge] Remove useless alt in documentation
xin:
> Hello, I made a branch to remove some useless alt for images in
> documentation.
>
> Repo: https://git-tails.immerda.ch/xin/tails/
> Branch: remove-useless-alt
> Last Commit: 9818d4911fac7460941c7f4f95a1429d813f94f2

I finally reviewed and merged this!

I took some time because I was not convinced at first. The step-image
were meant as visual summaries of the detailed steps. So even if they
provide the same information, they provide it in a different format (a
summary). But my opinion is not strong enough to reject your branch. So
I merged it.

Still:

- I removed the remaining 3 step-images that you left with some content
in alt="".
- I kept them (and added back one) for state-images. These are meant as
stop points, clarifying with the user the result of all the previous
steps. So I'd like to keep them (and they are shorted and less verbose).

Fair enough?