Re: [Tails-dev] tails-installer release announcements

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] tails-installer release announcements
sajolida:
> Austin English:
>> Is there a mailing list / some sort of automated tails-installer release
>> announcements I could sign up for?

Short of tracking new tags appearing in the Git repo
(https://git-tails.immerda.ch/liveusb-creator/refs/tags), I think the
answer is no.

> I'll let our Debian experts confirm what I'm saying here, but tracking
> the Debian package would be a good start:
> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/tails-installer/rss

It might be the best answer we can provide this far, even though
Debian has 4.4.7, while the current upstream release is 4.4.11:
chances are that when we include important changes in new upstream
releases, they will go into Debian, so this might be a good enough
indicator of whether a downstream should bother upgrading their Tails
Installer packages.