Re: [Tails-dev] frontdesk report

Author: tails-bugs
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] frontdesk report

Hi !

>> - there were a few users affected by the mirrors pool/git/something/
>> error (#11735)
>
> Did this happen _after_ the problem was fixed?
> (see https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/11735#note-4 for details)

no, that's the users I was talking about in #11735, and since it was one
of the event of my shift, I just thought it was usefull to report it
there (I will be clearer next time)

> If/when this happens again in the future, please file dedicated
> tickets including:
>
>  * the exact date + time + timezone of the report, so we can correlate
>    them with the status of our mirror pool back then;

>  * what the user is doing, and what's happening (in this case I
>    assume that it's exactly the same symptoms as #11735).

thanks

>> - I asked a few users to test the iso with linux 4.*, from those who
>> reported back, it seems that the Nvidia GPU are working much better with
>> it, it works better for intel hardware as well.
>
> Great, good to hear! Please send me more detailed info than the brand
> about the affected hardware, if feasible. This would be useful both to
> me personally (to better understand what is working, and what's still
> not supported), and to allow us to update the known issues pages.

I asked the users to report back on redmine, but it seems they usually
don't, anyway, I'll take some time to dig into my mailbox.

cheers.