Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge] Remove useless alt in docum…

Author: xin
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge] Remove useless alt in documentation
>> I'm a bit confused by this request. Either the pictures convey some
>> useful information, and then they need an alt text, or they don't, and
>> then perhaps they should not be present at all, no? (But I guess I'm
>> grossly over-simplifying :) I'll leave it to sajolida to handle this.

Sometimes, images are only usefull to know what a thing looks like
(logo, some screenshots) and have no additional information who can be
add in a alt.

> alt-tags are important for blind people, even when they just describe
> what the image says.
>
> I could not review the branch from the website because the repo is
> private or something, but I think accessibility in HTML always requires
> alt tags, even if they are simply 'logo'.

I know the importance of alt, on lot of websites alt are misused and are
just noise to blind people. Sometimes, the alt value have to be empty.

For exemple, in download page, I remove "Wait" alt because after you
have the text "Please wait".
Alt can be empty if the information was already in the text around.

About web version of my repo, it's a known issue, you have to use git.

Cheers.
xin