Re: [Tails-l10n] (review)[de] 2.5 release notes

Author: spriver
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] (review)[de] 2.5 release notes
Hi,
thanks for reviewing!

Please review (just unfuzzied strings):

https://gitlab.com/spriver/tails.git
branch: review-de_tails_25
HEAD commit: 5e2f212 Reviewed changes
Affected file: wiki/src/news/version_2.5.de.po

Some explanations:

Ulrich Viefhaus:
> Thank you.
> I reviewed your translation of the version_2.4.de.po. Found a typo and
> made a suggestion for the translation of right-klick according to the
> guidelines at https://wiki.gnome.org/de/Uebersetzung/Dokumentationen.

Good catch! We already use the way described in the GNOME documentation
in several places, I'll add this to my to-do list to change those
occurrences and will then publish a branch containing those changes.

> Can you please review my changes for version_2.4.de.po:
> https://github.com/UlrichViefhaus/dev-tails/tree/review_version_2.4.de
>
> I have some questions about the translations of version_2.5.de.po and
> included them in my review:
> https://github.com/UlrichViefhaus/dev-tails/tree/review_version_2.5.de
> Could you please take a look at it. I think there are some translations,
> that alter the meaning of the messages.

I reviewed the changes. I could not reproduce the Icedove error, so I
don't mind if we don't have the exact error message in the translation
(I think it's clear what is meant by that and news files get old pretty
soonish).

May I ask, if it'd be possible for you _not_ to use comments in .po
files? I personally find it difficult to work with them, so I include my
changes and proposals into review request/response mails.
It'd be also really great if you'd format your requests on this mailing
list a bit different, currently I find it a bit complicated to locate
the branch etc. (I include my repo's URL, the actual branch I worked on
, the latest commit and the changed files in my e-mails. The latter is
not really needed, but it helps). Doing so makes it a bit easier to
distinguish what and how much needs to be done (don't see this as an
insult or similar, I'm just used to this style of requests we do on this
list (; I find it really awesome that you're dedicating work into Tails).

Cheers!
spriver