Re: [Tails-ux] terminal setting to open in TABS not windows!

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: sajolida
À: Tails user experience & user interface design, mixmaster
Sujet: Re: [Tails-ux] terminal setting to open in TABS not windows!
Anonymous Remailer (austria):
> each time i boot tails i have to change the terminal setting
> in drop down menu to open new TABS instead of windows,
> windows being the default. it would mean a lot if you could
> make this change as i believe most users use tabs by
> default in a lot of applications.

As a general rule, we stick to the default of GNOME unless something
specific to Tails makes it worth diverging. Do you think that there is a
good reason for Tails to behave differently than GNOME on this? Because
most probably, if we switch from opening in a new window to open to a
new tab, people who prefer windows will ask for the opposite change. So
we need a good rationale here.

Your other options are:

* Learn the Ctrl+Shift+L keyboard shortcut. This is what I used
personally when I want tabs instead of windows.
* Enable the Dotfiles [1] persistence features and create a persistent
~/.xsessionrc with some gsettings commands in it.

[1]: https://tails.boum.org/doc/first_steps/persistence/configure#dotfiles