[Tails-dev] Reminder about Git size: please don't tweak bina…

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] Reminder about Git size: please don't tweak binary files without good reasons
hi,

I noticed that dozens of PNG images were modified in Git yesterday,
apparently to optimize their size. Please don't do that unless the
size gain is really worth it. In this case, for many of those images
the gain is so small that IMO it is not worth it... which is exactly
why we didn't do this batch optimizing last time we had this
discussion IIRC.

Rationale: such actions bloat our Git repository, in a way that cannot
be undone without rewriting its history again, which makes me sad
given the energy we've put into fixing this very problem last year.

Thanks in advance,
cheers,