[Tails-dev] Help to please be able to use the live disc

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: jhaemcnke621
À: tails-dev
Sujet: [Tails-dev] Help to please be able to use the live disc
To whom it may concern,

I am newer to GNU/Linux but know a few things and already looked into info
related to my issue.

With Tails my computer used to freeze on occasion, and I would have to start
all over again- turn the computer off- or even have to unplug it along with
the battery!,  let it cool down since it was hot from working hard, booting
up again, setting up preferences, logging onto internet, hardening the rest
of preferences in var. programs, connect to the network, and finally use it
again ~1/2 hour later...!

So doing this only 2 times takes an hour! and that doesnt include time to do
things. Also, sometimes it freezes at the wrong time before I saved a file I
was working on losing important data, or before I followed up on a link in
another tab in the browser, that I cant access anymore due to the freeze,
that at times was also very important.

Now, the computer freezes Every time!- soon after I get to the desktop, or
often just at some point of getting things set up..
So I was wondering if you could Please help me to see which of the following
options listed below are possible to enable me to work with your great live
disc! with my older computer with limited memory, and is non-pae.

1) Does the iso also come with any other Desktop Environment as a bootup
option- lighter one that uses less memory?

2) I saw that if one uses a persistent volume one can Install additional
software (as long as it's avail. with Debian). If that is the case, can one
Install onto a USB drive a 2nd lighter Desktop Environment along with the
iso?

3) Does the Gnome Desktop vers. included with Tails contain a 'Fallback
Desktop' that is MUCH less resource intensive (esp. memory) ?

Thank you so much for your help with this!

John  - hopeful there is a workable option to use Tails :)