Re: [Tails-ux] Tails Server GUI Design

Author: Lunar
To: tails-ux
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] Tails Server GUI Design
Spencer:
> >noise in 99,99% of the cases
>
> Things are clearest when grouped into recognizable patterns; network
> settings for individual services benefit from not being fragmented into
> multiple interfaces or states thereof.

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you are saying here.

Having a:

      Address:
     Password:

That unfolds into:

      Address:
     Password:

v Advanced

         Port:

Is this what you call fragmentation?

> >folks want to change the setting
> >They would be the ones who actually know what a port is.
>
> A common path to knowing is needing to know (:

This is exactly my point. If you just want to run a Mumble server to be
able to organize a meeting with your friends, you don't need to learn
what a “virtual port” is. So I'm arguing you shouldn't have to.

--
Lunar                                             <lunar@???>