Re: [Tails-dev] Tor Browser 6.0.2 is ready for testing

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Tor Browser 6.0.2 is ready for testing
[Dropping tor-qa@ since what I am about to say only concerns Tails.]

We are skipping this Tor Browser upgrade for Tails because none of the
bugs fixed in this release are very relevant for us. Here's a run-down
of the specific Tor bugs fixed that we'll miss out on:

19348: Not relevant for Tails since it is not based on Microsoft Windows.

19400: This is only relevant if users have enabled persistence for the
Tor Browser profile, which we explicitly do *not* support. So, not relevant.

19401: This is relevant for Tails, but Right-click -> Save Page As is an
acceptable (and quite discoverable) workaround IMHO. I've already added
it to the Known Issues section of the Tails 2.4 release notes.

19411: Not relevant for Tails since we disable upgrades.

19417: Not *so* relevant for Tails since disk changes only survive until
the next reboot. We already recommend users to reboot when switching
contextual identity (in situations where it matters) in case there's
some session correlation vector there.

Cheers!