Re: [Tails-ux] Surface pro4 issue

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Peter N. Glaskowsky
À: Tails user experience & user interface design
Sujet: Re: [Tails-ux] Surface pro4 issue
> On Jun 17, 2016, at 4:59 AM, Kim Miller <kkmiller@???> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have tried to boot tails from usb on a surface pro4 - it needs uefi turned off first, and usb boot order adjusted.
>
> Tails starts to boot but it gets to the part where it asks to use persistence or not. It won't go past this point - it seems that the driver for the touchpad is not loaded yet and with only one usb port it can't take a usb mouse. The cursor stays in the middle of the screen and it waits for input.
>
> When booting on a desktop the mouse driver is loaded and there is no problem, but on the surface pro it needs the touchpad loaded.
>
> thanks

Kim,

Do the Volume keys have any effect?

Also I’m not clear on whether you have the keyboard attached. I’m not sure if you really mean “touchpad” as opposed to “touchscreen.”

Shame on Microsoft for not making the touchscreen properly emulate a mouse at boot time, which would enable the use of a virtual keyboard.

In any event, I have been suggesting for a long time that the features and philosophy of Tails would be especially valuable on tablet devices, but the work to get Tails to run on tablets— particularly Intel-based Windows tablets, which would relatively easy to support— hasn’t been prioritized.

.                png