[Tails-project] Writing about Tails

Author: C. Mitchell Shaw
To: tails-project
Subject: [Tails-project] Writing about Tails
I have used Tails for several years and have been very pleased with both
the distro and its development. I am writing a book for a well-known
publisher. The book is about the various open-source tools available for
closing the holes through which the NSA and others conduct surveillance on
all of us. I am writing a chapter on Tor and another chapter on Tails.

I recently downloaded and installed the recent version to a USB stick and
am very impressed with the installer and the ability to create a persistent
encrypted partition within the drive. I have a question about the future
development. Since a book is — by nature — static and software is — by
nature — dynamic, what is the likelihood that changes to Tails in the
immediate future will render this chapter in my book obsolete by the time
the book is published and distributed? In other words, if I show the reader
how to download, install, configure, and use Tale's, and someone reads this
book a year or two from now, will the changes mean that my chapter is
meaningless?

I await your reply,

C. Mitchell Shaw