[Tails-testers] Call for testing: switchable graphics suppor…

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-testers
Subject: [Tails-testers] Call for testing: switchable graphics support (#7505)
Hi,

Tails hasn't had very good support for switchable graphics so far:
sometimes X just doesn't start, sometimes the discrete graphics card
is used while the integrated one would suffice (and suck waay less
battery power).

I've tried to address that. Please test on various hardware:

* Tails 2.4~rc1
* Tails 2.4 final (that will be out tomorrow)
* that experimental ISO image:
http://nightly.tails.boum.org/build_Tails_ISO_bugfix-7505-optimus/lastSuccessful/archive/build-artifacts/

I'm interested in results both on hardware that has switchable
graphics, and on hardware that hasn't. I'm interested in results if
there's no change in hardware support quality, and also of course if
there are improvements or regressions.

Please include the output of the following commands in your report:

lspci -vvv
sudo dmidecode -s system-manufacturer
sudo dmidecode -s system-product-name
sudo dmidecode -s system-version

Thanks in advance!

Note: I'm asking you to test both 2.4~rc1 and 2.4 because we've
slightly modified the graphics stack between these two versions, so
I want to be extra sure that any regression we'll identify is really
brought by my branch, and not merely by that unrelated change.