Re: [Tails-dev] Tails template for Qubes

Author: Michael Carbone
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails template for Qubes
Patrick Schleizer:
> sajolida:
>> I just wanted to let you know that people from Qubes started a ticket
>> about having a Tails template for Qubes. I never used Qubes myself and
>> barely understand what this means but I'll follow the ticket and maybe
>> others interested in Qubes should do to: DrWhax, anonym?
>>
>> https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/2024
>
> The scope of the ticket has just now been changed from "create a Tails
> template" to "[META] Tails-like functionality in Qubes".

Yes, I broadened the ticket's scope so that hopefully we can capture
more folks' thoughts on it.

Basically, the most significant "Tails-like" features (live,
anti-forensics) need to implemented at the Qubes level, not by a
Template/OS running inside of it. So in that sense the focus on a Tails
template (or "running Tails inside Qubes") is not as useful as it sounds.

The last feature is the Tails workstation itself, in terms of default
applications/settings, security features, etc. It would be really good
to understand to what extent the existing Whonix templates already
capture these or can be leveraged to capture these features within a
template in Qubes. So any input on that front in the ticket would be
much appreciated.

FYI we recently added documentation on running Tails in Qubes (as HVM
not integrated template): https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/tails/

--
Michael Carbone

Qubes OS | https://www.qubes-os.org
@QubesOS <https://www.twitter.com/QubesOS>

GPG fingerprint: 2DBE 2014 E7B0 0730 303D 7AAB 99AB 0624 6EEB F5A8