Re: [Tails-testers] smtp issues

Author: u
To: tails-testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] smtp issues
Hi goupille,

intrigeri:
> goupille wrote (30 May 2016 16:04:39 GMT) :
>> since I upgraded to Tails 2.4~rc1, I got a lot of trouble sending mails
>> with icedove, using boum's smtp, and we get a report from someone having
>> the same issue with riseup.
>> did you heard anything about that here ?
>
> I haven't.
>
> When did you start using Icedove with a persistent profile? I mean,
> did you do that when we started shipping Icedove, or earlier?
>
> Can you reproduce this in a persistence volume and Icedove profile
> that are freshly created in 2.4~rc1?

Hmmm, I don't understand why Icedove would have problem with particular
servers I must admit. There is nothing, as far as I know, in any of the
software we ship which could be the reason for this. In a future version
of Torbirdy something like this might happen for riseup, because there
is some sort of hardcoded config inside.

When reporting such bugs, if possible, it would be nice if you could
also try another server, just to see if that works.

Last time this bug was reported it seemed to be a temporary failure,
eventually due to some crappy Tor exit node, right?

cheers!
u.