Re: [Tails-dev] interesting free tablet

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: intrigeri
À: The Tails public development discussion list, zlatan
Sujet: Re: [Tails-dev] interesting free tablet
Hi,

[adding Zlatan into the loop, since we know each other and he works
it Purism.]

BitingBird wrote (20 May 2016 20:54:38 GMT) :
> https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/librem-11-a-2-in-1-to-protect-your-digital-life#/

> It would be interesting to ask them if it works with Tails :)

Sure!

>From what I read, this is going to be a x86_64 platform, so in theory

Tails should run on it. I already have a Tails booting on a tablet
based on Intel BayTrail, so that new one should at least boot as well.

Now, the problems I've had last time I played with Tails on tablets
were about drivers: except the touchscreen, basically everything else
required drivers or firmware that are not in Linux mainline, so it
didn't work without patching the kernel a lot (and the source code for
the drivers was not always easy to find, if available at all). So my
next questions focus on this topic.

Zlatan, will PureOS for this tablet include any additional driver,
firmware or kernel patch that's not in Debian, e.g. for touchscreen,
sound, backlight, 3G and various sensors?

In particular, the section about "Freed Wireless AC Driver" makes me
wonder: until that driver is freed, how exactly can one use Wi-Fi with
a Librem tablet?

And one last question: these devices will be UEFI-enabled, right?

I'm interested in the answers for both the Librem 10 and Librem 11
tablets, in case they differ.