Re: [Tails-testers] Call for testing: upgrading Mesa for imp…

Author: emmapeel
To: Tails list for early testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] Call for testing: upgrading Mesa for improved graphics support
intrigeri:
> Hi,
>
> here's a gentle reminder on this one, because so far I only had very few
> reports, and in the current state of things I'm not 100% comfortable
> pushing these changes into the next Tails release.

OK, with a little help of my friends yesterday I tested the ISO image

Tails-Version: 2.4 - 20160517 464abceb044cace37012f653bfca217c44185ddc
live-build: 3.0.5+really+is+2.0.12-0.tails2

Toshiba Satellite l50-c-21l
---------------------------

(sorry didn't got to gather any debug info, like the graphic card)
When running Tails 2.3, the screen resolution is wrong, images super
big, and can only start in failsafe mode.

With the new ISO, the same problem (resolution bloated so you only see a
part of the screen) occurs without using failsafe mode.
I hope I will get a hold of this laptop later this week to keep testing.

The rest of the laptops tested didn't presented any problems.
Whisperback logs are available for these:

ThinkPad X201
--------------

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Core Processor
Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02)

FUJITSU LIFEBOOK E544
---------------------

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 4th Gen Core
Processor Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 06)

ThinkPad X1 Carbon 3rd

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Broadwell-U
Integrated Graphics (rev 09)

Acer Aspire 5738

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation G98M [GeForce G
105M] (rev a1)