Re: [Tails-dev] Can help me?

Author: u
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Can help me?
Nin hao,

东湖海:
> hello dear friend!
>

> I am in china tor and tor Bridge can not use,ordinary proxy can not
> use too,I want use shadowsocks as tor proxy,but tails can not direct
> networking,I don‘t know how can I do?

In China obfs4 bridges should work as well as fte bridges. Other bridges
did not seem to work there when I tried last time.

I am sending you a bridge which is supposed to work. I will do this by
email, but off-list.

Directly connecting to the Tor network also does not work, as you say,
as all public Tor nodes are blacklisted. This is done through DNS, so
using a public DNS resolver (You cannot do that from Tails, but from any
other operating system), such as 8.8.8.8 (which belongs to Google) can
help you connect to websites which are blacklisted.

I don't know shadowsocks and we do not support it in Tails. It is
packaged for Debian and thus, it is installable in Tails. But the
package which is in Debian is outdated and the upstream developers have
removed the source code for this package. This does not inspire
confidence to me.

If you want to, I'd be glad if you could report back if this information
helped you.

Cheers!
u.