Re: [Tails-ux] Revamped greeter preview ISO available

Author: Alan
To: Tails user experience & user interface design
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] Revamped greeter preview ISO available
Hi,

sajolida:
> Good job, let's try to have this in 2.4!

Thanks. I think there is too much refining to do for this close timing
thought...

> 1. I was super excited to see the Universal Access menu on the top-right
> but then most of the features don't work well:
>
> - "Screen Reader" does nothing.

I plan to fix this. Please file a ticket as child of #10828

>   - "Large Text" does something but I have to go over the elements of
>     the interface to get bigger text.

Hum... Please create a ticket (as above).

>   - "Screen Keyboard" doesn't work (as in the session) but might give a
>     false hope here (whereas we have Florence in the session).

I plan to fix this. Please create a ticket (as above).

> 2. The tree-like search tools work great; and I know they were a lot of
> work, so double congrats! They are even indexed according to both the
> English names (German) and they translated names (Deutsch). As segfault
> pointed out, pressing Enter should select the first item in the list
> instead of doing nothing as currently.

Please create a ticket (as above).

> 3. When I have more than one additional setting (for example "Network
> Connection" and "Administrative Account") clicking on the second one
> "Administrative Account" triggers an empty pop up.

Please create a ticket (as above).

> 4. In "Add Additional Setting", double-clicking or pressing Enter on the
> name of a setting should go to the configuration of this setting. For me
> it works only with the first one (MAC Spoofing) but not for the other ones.

Please create a ticket (as above).

> 5. Could we associate Backspace with "Back" in the configuration of the
> setting?

Yes. Please create a ticket (as above).

> 6. In the code I see "<property name="name">:w</property>" is ':w' on
> purpose or some vim cruft?

2nd choice, please create a ticket (as above).

> 7. Pressing Enter when typing the persistence password should do
> "Unlock", whereas right now it does "Start Tails".

Please create a ticket (as above).

> 8. The padlock icon on the left of the persistence password looks and
> behaves like a button but does nothing. How is that?

Please create a ticket (as above).

> 9. Maybe we can do without the description in parenthesis on the right
> of the names of the settings. If people don't know what they are about
> we have more space and context in the configuration screen for the
> setting, and the current descriptions are probably too short to be
> helpful and only add noise (as segfault pointed out in a different way).

Please create a ticket (as above) unless more discussion is needed.

> I also finally managed to finish my review of the user strings and push
> something to feature/revamp_phase1_user_strings. Please review and
> merge. Or tell me if would prefer to have a ticket for that?

Yes please.

Cheers